Areola Reconstruction FAQ’s
- Arrive to your appointment 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment, well rested and relaxed.
- Do not wear light-colored clothing over the area areola as the skin might sweat a little pigment for about 15 minutes afterwards.
The Color: Your technician will evaluate your skin and areola color at the beginning of each session and choose a color or custom blend a color that is best for you.
Pigmentation: MicroArt Semi Permanent Makeup uses a single acupuncture needle that gently vibrates on the dermal layers of the skin depositing a mineral-based pigment into the areola until the desired color is achieved.
Areola reconstruction takes four (1-hour) sessions per 25 square inch (5”x5”) area. Multiple session can be scheduled the same day based on the size of the area we are treating. Each session is scheduled 2-3 weeks apart.
The level of discomfort varies from person to person. A strong topical numbing cream is used. Numbing shots can be scheduled with the doctors that we work with and are an additional cost.
$2,500.00 per area (25 square inches). The price includes:
- Custom colors. MicroArt colors are custom blended color.
- The procedure, four (1-hour) sessions and can camouflage 25 square inches (5”X5”) of skin.
- After-care products.
- Additional touch-up sessions are $500 per 1-hour session.
- Numbing shots can be scheduled with the doctors that we work with and are an additional cost if needed.
Yes! MicroArt conceals scars around the areola and scars created by breast lifts, mastectomies and other breast surgeries.
Yes! When making them smaller MicroArt is used to camouflage the outer edges with a skin color to match the surrounding skin.
Yes! This is an easier procedure than making them smaller.
Yes! Detailed measurements are taken to achieve the symmetry that you are looking for. A combination of making certain areas larger and certain areas smaller is sometimes used to create symmetry.
Yes! You get to choose your color.