ABOUT MICROART™ SCAR CAMOUFLAGE
MicroArt semi-permanent makeup is a revolutionary technology used to camouflage and conceal scars. It works by gradually blending the color of the skin surrounding the scar to match — so is not noticeable.
MicroArt Scar Camouflage treatment can be applied to conceal any scar, on the face or elsewhere on the body. It lasts up to three years on the skin. It looks like a professionally applied make-up concealer that will not wash off.
Imagine no longer worrying about unsightly scars? Or never having to cover them with topical makeup that smudges and make a mess when you go out? Or never having to try to conceal them with clothing? MicroArt will dramatically reduce the appearance of scars in just four sessions.
HOW DOES MICROART™ ELIMINATE THE SIDE EFFECTS OF PERMANENT MAKEUP?
MicroArt is a proprietary technology developed by acclaimed Hollywood entrepreneur and former special effects makeup expert Tanya York — with the help of a team of mechanical engineers and cosmetic biochemists.
The goal was to develop a makeup procedure that would look more natural than any form of permanent or semi-permanent makeup and eliminate all side effects. Side effects of other forms of permanent makeup range from short term such as down time, scabbing, bruising and heavy bleeding to the long term side effects such as scarring, inks that change colors on the skin and the shape of the makeup that changes over time due to the skin’s aging process.
MicroArt has eliminated all such side effects through:
- Equipment: Specialized equipment developed by MicroArt for unrivalled precision.
- Clinics: MicroArt procedures are performed in a certified, professional medical office passing regular, stringent County Health Department inspections.
- Products: Special, natural pigments developed that will not change color and are hypoallergenic (safe for your skin).
- Technique: A technique developed over the years to ensure the ideal, custom shape and color is provided to each client
- Technicians: All technicians are personally trained for months, and certified, by Master Micro Artist Tanya York. MicroArt Technicians are not licensed to perform services on Ms. York’s clients until their work is indistinguishable from hers.
There are no other forms of permanent cosmetics like it.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT MICROART™ SCAR CAMOUFLAGE
HOW IS MICROART SCAR CAMOUFLAGE APPLIED?
The MicroArt technician evaluates the scar at the beginning of each session and chooses a color or custom blend a color to best match the natural skin tone.
A natural mineral-based pigment is deposited into the scar using proprietary equipment that houses a single acupuncture needle that gently vibrates on the dermal layers of the skin. The pigment is deposited pigment into the scar until the desired color and subtle gradient shading is achieved.
A minimum of four sessions are needed on each scar to achieve the final results. Each session is scheduled three weeks apart.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT AFTER EACH SESSION?
There will be some temporary swelling and redness right after your treatment. This may take several days to disappear depending on which area of the body, how much pigment is applied and the general health of the skin.
Right after your procedure, the color will appear stronger compared with how it will ultimately look. Within a few days, the skin will start to slightly exfoliate and the color will become lighter to become the intended shade. No makeup should be worn on the pigmented skin for seven days after each session.
WHY DO I NEED MULTIPLE SESSIONS?
Multiple sessions are needed in order to match the color. During each session, pigment is blended into the skin in layers. Because some of the pigment exfoliates after each session, a series of sessions are necessary to build the color into and around the scar to match the natural skin color.
HOW TO GET STARTED
To become a new client for Scar Camouflage, we require photos. With photos, we evaluate your unique Micro Art needs based on the size and location of your scar, and your skin color to be matched. After receiving your photos, we will contact you within two business days with your personalized treatment plan including estimated cost, number of sessions and schedule of treatments
Please send photos, your name and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT IS THE PRICE OF THE SCAR CAMOUFLAGE PROCEDURE?
It starts at $2,500.00. The price includes:
- Custom colors. MicroArt colors are custom blended color.
- The procedure, four (1-hour) sessions.
- After-care products.
- Additional touch-up sessions are $500 per 1-hour session.
- Numbing shots can be scheduled with the doctors that we work with and are an additional cost if needed.